Wednesday, December 07, 2005

12/7 speech from Mr. Bush

I watched Bush's speech today. Three different comments stuck out for me and I'm interested in how to interpret them:

1) "September...er...I mean...December 7th..." (In mentioning Pearl Harbor Mr. Bush insinuated September 11th. Is this an intentional mishap? Does he use his reputation of 'bad public speaker' to insert subliminal messages??

2) "A Democrat recently called for an immediate redeployment of troops..." (Mr. Bush would not say Cong. Murtha's name in his speech. I understand the political slam of not even uttering your nemesis's name, but if Bush wants to pretend enlightenment and subsequently demonstrate he is right in regard to Iraq, wouldn't you want to at least operate beyond a high school maturity level? I remember being a Freshman and refusing to speak my ex-boyfriend's name because I was still mad about something he said. But then I grew up. And human lives were not at my disposal.

3) Mr. Bush's all around presentation was poor. His apathy was apparent in the lack of emotional attachment he portrayed. Bush did not mean what he was saying. Several recent reports are claiming this is the effect of anti-depressants, which can have a sedative effect on the mind and body. Other reports are claiming it is the effect of his falling off the wagon. Even others are reporting that Bush might be exhausted from doing God's work, as he TRULY believes God is working through him. While it could be one big combination (like when you order Chinese food and ask for pork, chicken, and beef in your noodles), I really think media should attribute his attitude to his status as an emotional midget. I really do not believe that Bush has the capacity to understand the consequences of his actions. I believe that when deaths are reported to him, he views them like he is watching a movie: desensitized and separated by a movie screen.

He called us all pessimists while he wore his signature smirk. In fact, Mr. Bush pointed out that ANYONE who agreed with the Congressman-who-shall-not-be-named was a pessimist. Again, either we are with the President or we are against the President. So, what if he is not my President?

It is so difficult to keep up the fight sometimes. Especially when this default of a man spews fear all over the TV cameras. Any comments? I am spinning today.

No comments: